NEWS FOR EDUCATORS
Fin Lit Workshops – March 2019
Generously funded by Next Gen Personal Finance, we are now accepting applications for our completely FREE “Money Saving Madness” workshop! Designed for high schoolers, this custom workshop teaches discretionary spending through creative play and real-world simluation. 10 workshop slots are available to Chicagoland organizations. If you would like to apply, please submit a short application below.
- Critical differences between overhead and discretionary spending
- How our brains are wired to spend or save
- How to train our impulses for smarter spending and saving
- Additional take-home information to continue the conversation at home
- Through innovative drama-in-education teaching techniques that have students learning by doing.
- Cast as college freshmen in the realistic, fast-paced setting of a fictional college, students work toward a high-stakes, time-sensitive goal that puts their immediate impulses to spend or save at the forefront of the game.
- Ensure you meet application requirements:
- Chicagoland-area organization of any size
- Can recruit 15-20 high school-age participants
- Have availability for this one-time, one hour workshop during March 2019
- Complete application below.
- We will contact you in January 2019 if we can accommodate your group.
Financial Literacy Workshop Application
It’s never too early to start learning how to manage money. Our early childhood and elementary school programs focus on creative and dramatic play to help young people gain critical skills to set them up for a future of financial success.
Students learn best when they’re engaged and having fun. Using proven drama in education techniques and project-based learning, students dive into the work of developing budgets and building businesses to build skills that will last a lifetime.
Contact Us About Residencies